How much will it cost me to replace my deflated breast implant? I only have one that is defaulted the other is full.

Doctor Answers 6


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The cost of breast surgery varies by geographic area, surgeon, and whether or not surgery is performed in a hospital versus a surgicenter. Definitely check into your warrantee as well.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It will vary widely depending on your surgeon and geographical location. Check to see if there is a warranty that applies to your implant. If there is, it may cover the replacement implant and provide for some funds to cover some of the surgical costs.


Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

Cost of Implant Replacement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cost of implant replacement varies from surgeon to surgeon and differs in each part of the country. You should the resources here in this forum to get average pricing or the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Dr. ES

Replacing a deflated implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The costs to replace a ruptured implant depend on a bunch of things...yes, the implant warranty is part of it, but so is your relationship with your doctor and his/her policies. The amount of 'work' involved may also affect cost and this may be different if you have a silicone or a saline implant.

Implant warranties vary from manufacturer and based on the date that you had your surgery. If your implant is still under warranty, typically the company will give you a new implant and pay something toward the fees associated with the surgery. There are also supplemental plans with the implant companies that will increase the amount they will reimburse. You can call your implant company and they should be able to give you the information that specifically applies to you.

Good Luck!

...Dr. Newman

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Costs to replace deflated implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

the costs vary based on location as well as the company who made your implant and if they have a warranty on it. the 2 main companies will replace your implant and the opposite side for free if deflation is due to defect in the implant. They will also give you $1200 to defray the costs if under 10 years old. The costs to revise and replace the implants will depend on the appearance of your breasts and the opposite implants. ie do you need an uplift, do you have a capsular contracture on the opposite breast that needs adjustment, do you want to switch to silicone which are more natural. I would seek out a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure regularly and find out the recommendations in your case.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Deflated breast implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Shuie,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a deflation of your saline implant. However, this is a occurs very often. In my opinion, the best option would be to replace them both with silicone implants. Silicone implants are less likely to rupture, feel and look more natural but, they are a little bit more expensive. On the other hand, having multiple surgeries to replace deflated saline implants may be more expensive in the long run. I hardly ever use saline implants now a days as most patients places in the US prefer silicone. Prices range from practice to practice, depending on the surgeon and location. Many surgeons offer free consultations, so the best thing to do is make an appointment with your plastic surgeon so they can explain what your options are, the risks and benefits with regards to each, and the cost. Hope this helps and best of luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.