Cost of Abdominal Liposuction in Toronto, Canada?

20 yo female 5'9 around 160 lbs. I want to remove the excess fat on my lower abdomen. I lost 60 lbs since april. What would be the approximate price of this procedure under traditional lipo? Also are my breasts saggy enough to warrant implants? I don't want dramatic implants, I just don't want them to be saggy.. Or is it possible for the skin to tighten by itself? If not what would be the approximate cost of a lower stomach liposuction + very conservative implants to countermeasure sag? Thanks!

Cost of liposuction for abdomen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As you can see from all the answers, the cost varies depending on which country you live in, your specific requirement etc. 

Being a Cosmetic Surgeon, I can help you break this cost down so you have a better idea about what you should be paying for, so that you or anyone else reading this can make a better decision.

A systematic approach to analysis of cost of Liposuction or any surgical procedure for that matter, could evaluated based on the following criteria.

1. Surgeon Fee

This will depend on the experience and consistent results offered by the surgeon. If the surgeon is charging you more than the standard cost in your country / region then make sure his / her cost matches up to their skills and experience. A simple method of doing this is by going through all patient reviews and testimonials on all platforms including their website.

2. Hospital Infrastructure Cost

This point is pretty self explanatory. Smaller nursing homes are less equipped and will generally charge you less compared to an Exclusive Aesthetic Centre or a Multi Speciality Hospital. The cost difference is what you pay for all the infrastructure.

3. Special Instrument's Used

Some cosmetic surgery procedures require the use of special instruments. Needless to say, these procedures are priced higher to include the usage of the special instruments. If the tariff offered to you isn't adding up, ask to see if the procedure you opted for uses special instruments like lasers etc.

4. Duration of Procedure

Longer surgeries and procedures often tend to cost more than the shorter ones.

To Sum it up, here's what you should be asking yourself and your surgeon when analysing costs.

1. What is the quality of treatment I will be receiving?

2. Are there hidden costs? (Ask for a fully transparent pricing structure)

3. Are there costs for aftercare?

Coming to your main question, the cost in general is hard to pinpoint to a specific number without a consultation with a surgeon, as it differs greatly for different people.

Hope this helps.

Difficult to determine without seeing you if you really are a candidate to liposuction.

Most people have some loose skin after they lose as much weight as you have (i.e. 60lbs). But you have youth on your side; if you have good elasticity to your skin then liposuction may be possible.  You could definitely have breast implants at the same time.  The cost of liposuction depends on the number of hours required so can't be estimated until you are examined.

Implants may be reasonable but a picture or an exam would be necessary.  From your previous post, I think that you can probably have liposuction on the stomach done for $3000 to $4000.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA