I'm 3 days post juvederm and I don't like the fake looking result. What can I do? (Photo)

Hi, I just lips injected with 1ml and this is day 3 today. My lip swell a lot and got bruised quite badly. The day after the bruise looked worse, but the lip's looked sligtly better. But it's day 3 and I figured the way they look now should be the result? (I will upload 2 pictures one from day 1 and the other from day 3) I have covered my upper lip with make-up on the one not looking so bad due to the bruise since I was outside when posting this.

Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Calgary Dermatologist

What can I do to fix my filler injections?

This may be mostly swelling that can take 1-2 weeks to resolve in the lips. If it doesn't improve sufficiently, the filler can be dissolved.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swell

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Injections and Fake Look

It appears that you have a great deal among of filers in your lips.  If the swelling doesn't go down I would return to your treating physician for Vitrase to dissolve it.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip injections

Lip injections usually cause a lot of swelling. I would give it 1-2 weeks to settle before getting too nervous about the look.

Day 3, swelling still exists from lip injections

I would still wait at least 10 days to see how the lips turn out. It takes that long for the swelling to go down. Please see the link. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Swelling

You are still very swollen. It can take 2 weeks for the swelling to improve. If you still don't like your lips after 2 weeks then the Juvederm can be dissolved using Hyaluronidase. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

3 days post lip filler

Best advice I can give you is...wait!  Lips often undergo a lot of swelling post filler injection.  At three days, you're not past the peak swelling phase yet.  You'll need to wait at least two to three weeks before seeing the final result.  In the meantime, it might be a good idea to visit the physician who injected you, just to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong that needs to be addressed.  Sometimes, lumps and malpositioned filler can be massaged away.  Best wishes.

Pedro Vieira, MD
East Brunswick General Surgeon

I'm 3 days post juvederm and I don't like the fake looking result. What can I do?

If you don't like the HA based filler in your lip, you can get it dissolved with Vitrase.

Dr H Karamanoukian

Final Result After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your postprocedure photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result.  After Juvederm injection, there is typically an immediate result, which you will see right away, and a final result, which you will see in 2 weeks.  Postprocedure swelling and bruising is normal, particularly in the lips.  Icing can help for up to 48 hours after the injection.  Arnica can help to minimize postprocedure bruising.  My best advice would be to give it a full 2 weeks to allow your swelling to resolve and to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, please see your injector for an in-person reevaluation to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!