I took juvederm VOLIFT 4 - 5 months ago. Woke up with lumps and swelling. What can I do?

Hello dear doctors, The lumps are very hard and big and most of them are somehow above my lip. It is only 4 of them but they are so big that they give a 'duck lip' effect. In the morning the lip is huge. I only took 0,5 mm, the effect was almost gone but now it looks like I took 3 mm! I tried hyluase, but it did not go away. Maybe because the doctor gave a very small dose as she was afraid it will take some of my own tissue (?!). I do not know where to go or what to do?

Lumps, bumps and Juvederm fillers

This is a uncommon but very well known side effect for fillers, including HA fillers such as Juvederm. The chances of this happening in very slim - one in ten thousand . The cause can be unknown, but immunologically mediated, or secondary to infection (known as biofilm). Bottom line, your injector should know exactly what to do- investigate, medicate, watch, review, and if needed dissolve. Please go back to your injector as each will have their own protocol. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist