CoolSculpting Vs. Zerona
Doctor Answers 32
CoolSculpting is better than Zerona
Things to consider:
• CoolSculpting is the first device cleared for the fat reduction!
– Zerona is cleared for non-invasive body contouring (circumferential reduction) and NOT for fat reduction.
• CoolSculpting selectively & reliably eliminates fat in TARGETED problem areas
– Zerona cannot target where the reduction will occur. It can only claim total contouring & circumference reduction (no telling where the 3.5 inches will come from)
• CoolSculpting KILLS the targeted fat cells
– Zerona cannot claim fat-cell elimination. The fat cells are diminished in size but do remain in place. In fact, their own study claims that this change may be temporary and more studies are necessary. In fact, what you see 2 weeks post treatment in their study are test patients starting to gain their fat back!
• CoolSculpting has no post treatment requirements, diet or exercise regiments. CoolSculpting kills the fat cell!
-Zerona requires patients must be willing to maintain regular diet & exercise during treatment
-Zerona Patients must give up caffeine & alcohol for 1 month & must exercise
– 2 weeks before treatment & 2 weeks during treatment
– Exercise 30 minutes a day
– Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day
Patient Candidacy for Lasers Targeting Fat
I suggest all potential patients and parties interested in facial plastic surgery to consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice. It is in the consultation that patients realize if they are good candidates for one of the lasers that targets fat.
Here at the Clevens Center, we tend to consider a patient's candidacy for SculpSure before other fat trimming techniques because SculpSure is the best procedure out there. In fact, SculpSure is the only FDA-approved laser to provide the quickest treatment (25-minutes) and easiest recovery (none). Patients complete the treatment and walk out of our office ready to resume their ordinary activities.
Coolsculpting is much more effective!
You might also like...
Coolsculpting versus Zerona
Completely different techniques
CoolSculpting Vs. Zerona
CoolSculpting VS Zerona
CoolSculpting by Zeltiq has a higher success rate than Zerona. Zerona is a low-level energy laser while CoolSculpting uses controlled temperatures to freeze the fat in targeted areas. Zeltiq Coolsculpting works well with treating “pockets” of fat with no pain.
CoolSculpting vs Zerona Treatments
In my opinion CoolSculpting results are far superior to Zerona. Of cource I own 3 CoolSculpting devices and no Zeronas. I initially evaluated a Zerona and was not impressed positively with its results. We have performed 4000 CoolSculpting treatments and are very happy with our results. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD
Comparison between CoolSculpting and Zerona
There are a few differences between Zerona and CoolSculpting. Zerona is considered to shrink the fat and not permanently destroy it. Zerona puts a hole into the fat cell and the patient has about 72 hours to do everything they can by eating right working out or being in the sauna to drain those fat cells. However, after 72 hours the fat cell will close back up and is now smaller than when the patient started. For best results of Zerona the patients need to commit to treatment at least 2-3 days a week for 3 months. With CoolSculpting after 1 treatment you are permanently destroying 15%-20% of the fat cells within the applicator placement. Good Luck!
Coolsculpting is superior to Zerona
To get approval by the FDA, a manufacturer needs to show that a medical device is 'substantially equivalent' to a device that is already legally approved for that use. The approval does not prove efficacy.
Coolsculpting, unlike Zerona, has been proven safe and effective for permanent fat reduction in about 4 million treatments world-wide, 5500 clinical trials patients, and more publications in peer reviewed journals than any other noninvasive body contouring device. Since its original approval, the device technology has also advanced marketly with multiple new applicators of various sizes and shapes to allow a wider range of patients and body areas to be treated effectively and faster.
I hope that helps answer your question. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.