Is Ultherapy recommended for under the eyes?

I'm very nervous to do ultherapy bc of reading results of pts I have somewhat hollow under eyes and some wrinkles under eyes. I'm very thin . I'm 47 years old and fillers did not work well. Is there any downside to ultherapy in this area if done by a PS staff??? Will it help make the area less hollow or less wrinkled? Or can it make it look saggy or thinner skin. Please advise.

For thinner skin such as under the eyes, radiofrequency treatments such as Viora® may be more appropriate. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Miami Dermatologist

Ulthera for under the eyes

Ultherapy uses a high-intensity focused ultrasound energy to lift and tighten skin. Ulthera can be performed around the eye to tighten skin.  Depending on where the skin laxity is there may be more appropriate non-surgical (thermage, Fraxel) or surgical options. For this reason it's important to have an evaluation with a physician who is experienced with these treatments.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Under eye wrinkles

Ulthera won't cause hollowing but it would not be the first choice for under eye wrinkles and hollowing.  Laser resurfacing is a better option to tighten the skin.  THis combined with fillers can help with texture and the hollowing.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Eye Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question.  Ultherapy should not make the area look more hollow.  It may tighten the area but will not volumize.  If you primarily have wrinkles, a resurfacing laser may be a better option.  You may also get some tightening with a resurfacing laser.

Sejal Shah, MD

Ultherapy vs lasers and fillers for eye rejuvenation

Picture will really really help, as eye rejuvenation is not about just one procedure. Ultherapy can tighten the skin to open up your eyes (but it can not be done within the orbital rim). I have had this procedure myself to rejuvenate my eyes because it has no downtime. Having said that, my wrinkles are minimal. If you have wrinkles, lasers work better. Co2 laser is the Gold Standard, but  erbium can give great results. 
Other treatment options to consider include micro needling with energy devices such as RF Infini, coupled with PRP. See someone who is board certified, and experienced in performing eye rejuvenation procedures. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment for Under Eye Skin

Hi and thank you for your question!
A picture is necessary to make a effective assessment. No, you do not need to worry about Ultherapy melting the fat or making you hollow.  We have never seen this happen in our practice. However, for the thinning and crepey skin under the eyes, we often recommend resurfacing lasers. We have the Venus Viva and Halo which work great, and if you can have more downtime, the Sciton Contour has amazing results, especially in the periorbital area. Go for a consultation at a qualified practice that has multiple devices so they can advise you on what would work best for you.
Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD