Would there be a difference between 330cc and 345?

I'm 5'3" 100lbs 32aaa would 330cc will make me a C cup in bra size? Would there be a difference between 330cc and 345cc? I have these two options and still can't decide it. 345 seems little too big on me but at same time I want to have some volume. If it's not much differento should I stick with 330cc?

Choosing Breast Implant Volume

I believe a 15cc difference would likely be undetectable.  Just consider the volume of a tablespoon.  I don't think anyone could reliably determine that volume difference between two implants when in your hands so just imagine trying to do so under your muscle and breast tissue.  Your time and effort would be better spent making sure you have chosen a good surgeon and then following his/her instructions to maximize your chances for a good result.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Size Options

15 cc is a slight difference and wouldn't likely be noticeable for you. It certainly won't make the difference of a cup size which would take over 100 cc on average. I usually recommend that my patients choose the slightly larger implant is they are stuck and having a hard time choosing between two that are very close. My patients also find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with their own clothes in the office. This way they can get an idea of their results and choose what feels most comfortable.
All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank your for your question.  With that small a difference in cc's, there will not be any noticeable difference in overall size.  For a truly noticeable difference in size, there would need to be a cc difference of 100 or more.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

15 cc is one tablespoon--a subtle difference in volume, but subtleties are important

330-345 cc is a moderately sized implant. Many issues affect your ultimate result, including the implant size, implant profile, saline versus silicone, the amount of breast tissue you have, the elasticity of your skin, the density of the breast tissue, etc. Another important issue with saline is whether implants are filled to the upper or lower end of their recommended fill volumes. Natrelle saline implants are sized in 300 cc increments; Mentor in 25 cc increments. 345 cc would be half way between the upper and lower ends of the recommeded 30 cc fill volume for a Natrelle 330 - 360 implant. Generally (with some exceptions), saline implants will have a more natural look and feel with less rippling when filled to the upper end of the recommeded fill range (in this case 360 cc). So in fact, it may be more important for your result to use the upper end of the fill range than to vary the fill volume by 15 cc/one tablespoon. This is an important nuance. Also, intraoperative sizers are often used to determine which implant volume is optimal for you at surgery. Good luck. Thanks for your question. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

330 vs 345

This is only a slight difference in volume though at 5' 3" and 100 lbs, both of these implants are likely fairly large for your frame/chest width.  If you trust your plastic surgeon, allowing them some latitude with intraop sizing may be the best option.  All the pre op sizing in the world, does not equal visualizing the sizers inflated in the OR.Best wishes

Shayne Webb, MD

15 cc difference

A 15 cc difference in implants is not a lot.  Best to be sized in person to make sure you are happy with the volume chosen.

Go big...

Thanks for the question. Invariably the majority of patients choose the larger implant when given the choice. Although 15cc is about a teaspoon difference, psychologically the patients feel more confident with the larger size. Good luck with your choice  DrBurnett#realself100

Difference between 330cc and 345cc is less than 5 %

With your petite size I would expect that the 330 cc implant would do fine.  Go with your gut feeling.  The difference is less than 5 %.  The most important deciding factor is the base width of your breasts. I learned when filling saline implants that sometimes that extra 15 cc did not seen to increase the apparent size of the breasts. However the extra 15 cc can made too dramatic of a transition between the upper pole of the breast mound and the flatter contour of your chest above the start of the breast mound.  In other words, there was loss of the natural slope (tear drop shape in profile) and it showed that an implant had been placed behind the breast and muscle. Both sizes will probably get you to a c cup, depending on the bra size, style, and brand.Good luck. I think you will likely get a good result.

John M. Weeter, MD

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question regarding breast implant choice.  You won't see much of a noticeable difference between the two implant choices you mentioned.  Make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon you feel comfortable discussing not only your post-operative goals but also your full pre, intra, and post-operative care plan. Wishing you all the best,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon