How soon can I remove dressing on inverted nipple? (photos)

I had BA and inverted nipple corrected I'm 2 days post op and I really would love a shower, I'm afraid as I don't know what's under the dressing would it be ok if it got wet and dressing was to fall of. I rang surgery and they said to have a shower but I'm so worried as I still feel I wasn't clear enough of my concern about the dressing .

Wound Care/Shower

I recommend that you don't hesitate to call them back and be specific about your concern. You may have steri strips protecting your incisions under the gauze and they may intend for you to remove the gauze but keep the steri strips in tact. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to specifically advise you on that.
All the best

When to shower

Thank you for your question.Without knowing what they did to correct the inverted nipple, it is difficult to give you a correct answer. You need to contact them again and be more specific with your questions and concerns. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

How soon can I remove dressing on inverted nipple?

Congratulations on having undergone the inverted nipple surgery correction.  Your plastic surgeon should be your only resource for post op care instructions. Best wishes for an outcome you will be very pleased with.

Showering postop

This is something you really do need to discuss in depth with the office nurse. I use a special nipple protector when doing nipple corrections, and it would be very problematic if it were removed. You need to see what your surgeon did. Call them back.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Removing dressing

Thank you for your question!
In all honesty, just call your plastic surgeons office again. They are at the office working and it is their job to help you through the post operation healing process with both knowledge and care. They will not mind. This is the only way to know for sure. Although if they gave you the clear for showering and understood which patient they were talking to then you should be good to go. Also, congratulations on your surgery! 

Traci Temmen, MD

Dressing

Hello, that is a question only your plastic surgeon should be answering. Different techniques for fixing inverted nipple can have complex dressings. I would remove it unless discussed with your PS. Good Luck. 

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question,Never be afraid to ring them back and ask for clarification.  It's best to follow the instructions of your surgeon.Best of Luck, Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon