Can I clean my face with the lait and lotion and put creams on my face just after having Botox and fillers injections?

Creams and lotions after Botox and Fillers

You can definitely apply creams or lotions after Botox or facial fillers.  I tell my patients not to massage the treated area for 72 hours so that you do not affect the results.  Sunscreen should be applied daily.  

Can I clean my face and put creams on my face just after having Botox and fillers injections?

In general, it is ok to resume your skincare routine after treatment with Botox as long as you keep the following things in mind: 

1) Be careful to avoid putting any pressure on the are where the Botox was administered
2) Avoid lying down for up to four hours after the treatment

I would recommend contacting your injector, as he.she may have specific guidelines for you to follow. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Cleansing after Botox and fillers

I ask my patients to leave their faces alone for 4 hours after injecting Botox or fillers.  After that time, they may continue with their normal cleansing and moisturizing after Botox treatment, but should avoid anti-aging products, massaging or exfoliating for 1 to 2 days after fillers to prevent any irritation.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Skin Care After Botox and Fillers

I don't restrict any skin care after these procedures.  I tell patients not to manipulate the areas I treated with fillers for a few days if possible, but nothing with regards to the skin regimen.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Normal Skin Care After Botox and Fillers

In my practice I do not restrict skin care after botox and fillers.  Your surgeon may advise differently.  

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox goes on the inside...

whatever you do to cleanse doesn't impact the botox...so clean away to your heart's content...no special instructions...your normal regimen is perfect...

Ken Landow, MD

YES with Care

The key is, you dont want to apply pressure and move the injection around. As long as you are genlte and do your best not to disturb anything that was injected, you'll be fine. 

Dr B

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Use a gentle cleanser and avoid lots of manipulation of an area immeadiately after having filler. But: it is ok to cleanse your face and apply lotion.

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD, FAAD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Applying creams and lotions after Botox and fillers

I ask that people maybe avoid harsh exfoliants or retin-A after injections only because they can be irritating. It won't harm you or the efficacy, but it might irritate your skin. In general it's fine to follow your normal skincare regimen after Botox and fillers.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."