Am I able to get a tummy tuck, lipo, bbl if I have myastenia gravis?

Thanks for your question. Patients with myasthenia are able to have surgery, but the drugs must be  appropriately tailored. Removal of the thymus was classically performed  for the treatment of Myasthenia. The question really is, are these elective surgeries worth the risk?

As a board certified plastic surgeon I would need to communicate with your internist for more information and then speak to our anesthesia staff. Your PS will likely want to do the same. With further information you will be able to make an informed decision.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Myasthenia gravis and cosmetic surgery

My only experience with MG is that I have carried out a mini-TT on someone with myasthenia graves. It required careful  pre operative assessment by the anaesthetist. 

I think it is not impossible but it would depend on the severity of the MG and finding a suitable facility in which the surgery would be carried out. I suspect that to have all 3 procedures carried out at one operation may be too much. You should be prepared that it may not be sensible for you to have surgery.

You should seek the advice of an trained and experienced PS who has links to or works in a relatively large hospital with facilities such as intensive care.

Good luck.

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Am I able to get a tummy tuck, lipo, bbl if I have myasthenia gravis?

MG has different presentations and affects patients differently.  Thus, this has to be examined on a patient to patient basis.  Certain patients are more likely to have complications than are others.