What are other non-surgical ways to add volume to a part of the face aside from fillers?

Laser therapies? Massaging techniques? Facial yoga? RF? Microneedling? Mesotherapy? Acupuncture? Anything but fillers. I want to "lift" and add volume to an area of my face by stimulating my OWN tissue(I know surgery or fillers would be easier but understand that I just CANT.It's not an option) Can I create scar tissue do add volume? Such as by inserting re-inserting microneedles?

Non-Surgical Skin Rejuvenation

One of the best non-surgical solutions available is Ultherapy, a form of ultrasound skin tightening. This alternative to surgery helps improve skin laxity and correct poor skin quality.

Ultherapy is performed with no incisions and minor discomfort and has little to no downtime with results can last anywhere from a year to up to 3 years. Ulthera technology works by delivering ultrasonic energy to the deepest dermal layer of the skin, stimulating collagen. The new collagen growth will occur in the 3 months following treatment. 

When you are exploring the options of a facial procedure, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic physician to perform your procedure. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon who is experienced in addressing non-surgical concerns related to the head, face, and neck. 

Non-Surgical Skin Rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Volume and lift without the fillers.

it is hard to advise which would suit you best without a photo, but the Instalift which uses dissolvable sutures to lift and volumize can offer dramatic results. The dissolvable sutures also stimulate your skin to make its own collagen and provides lasting results for approximately 2 years. The Thermitight and Ulthera are 2 other great methods for achieving skin tightening and facial contouring, and I will choose the best option depending on the needs of the patient. 

Best, Dr. P.

Volume and lift without the fillers.

Best, Dr. P.

Adding volume to the face

Thank you for asking about adding volume to your face.

I am sorry you are opposed to fillers - they are the best and standard approach to adding facial volume. Fat transfers can also be done but results are less predictable. Microneedling can add thickness to the skin but not to the deep tissues. None of the other treatments add volume.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Adding volume to the face

Non-Surgical Ways to Add Volume to the Face

Other ways to add volume to the face would be using Sculptra for building collagen, implants and fat transfer. You can also do Ulththreapy to help tighten and lift the skin. It is best to have an evaluation with an expert to discuss your desired results and options.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Nonsurgical tightening

Some of the newer devices on the market can help with tightening such as radio frequency and ultherapy. They do not work well for everyone. 

I recommend having a consultation with a practice that offers several of these options so they can determine what is best for you

Nonsurgical tightening

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Alternative treatments that may give you results that you are interested in include fat grafting and facial implants that can add volume and shape, while chemical peels can help tighten and improve skin texture.  Hope this helps.

What are non-surgical methods to add volume to the face besides fillers?

The only way to add any significant volume to the face would be by either using fat transfer, injectable fillers or injectable collagen stimulating agents such as Sculptra or Bellafill.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

No fillers--try Sculptra, implants or fat with radiofrequency, ultherapy

Besides fillers, you can try Sculptra for collagen building, implants or fat in order to create volume, contour and definition and lift. Radiofrequency treatments and ultherapy could be used for skin tightening and lift. I recommend getting a formal evaluation to discuss your desired results and best options. Best, Dr. Emer