Why do some surgeons give drastic BBL and others look more natural? Is there a special technique that is used?

Some ppl that look the same size and have the same amount of fat have different results with different doctors.

Dr. Kayser

Thanks for your question. This is actually an excellent question and is related to a number of different variables. First the size and shape of the patient makes a difference as to the relative amount of fat that is injected. In other words, a small patient will clearly not accept the amount of fat that a significantly larger one will, however, in photographs, the differences in body habitus can often be misleading. Second, just because you inject a certain amount of fat does not mean that all the fat will survive, and injecting more fat actually may increase the risk of fat loss in the long run if this exceeds the environment in which the fat can be safely injected. As a result, it is likely that smaller volumes of fat will have a higher chance of overall fat survival and retention. Also, large volumes of fat that exceed the maximum space of the recipient site, I.e., the buttocks, may result in what is called necrosis, or death, and this can result in lumpiness, volume loss and cysts as well. Technique does play a role in performing large volume fat transfer. It is important that you seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

BBL Results

Thank you for your question. This depends on a few things like technique and the goal of the patient. Some patients want it to look more natural, while some may want a more exaggerated look. Every patients result will look different. This all depends on how much fat the patient has and what areas they are taking from. Also, some patients combine a Bbl with a tummy tuck which give the waist a nice more exaggerated effect. Hope this was helpful, best of luck! 
Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes this is simply a matter of what the patient wants.  Some surgeons are very conservative and some surgeons work extremely hard to get a dramatic result in those patients who want that.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

BBL and appearance

I think that it depends upon the fat available and the look the patient wants to achieve. Best of luck.

Much of this has to do with patient goals and expectations. 

Also, so patients have less fat to transfer than others so the final results will be different. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Different patients will have different result fro a BBL depending on the patient desires and expectations, amount of donor fat, and the surgeon's experience and recommendations. I would suggest that you consult with a Board Certified  PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Differences in BBL Results

That is actually a complex question. Patients have differing tastes and may want a conservative or dramatic result. The surgeon may impose some of his own aesthetics on a patient and of course there is some variability as to how much fat survives the transplantation process. The first step in getting a good result is making sure you are seeing a surgeon with a reasonable degree of experience. Make sure he understands your aesthetic goals and can work within your parameters to get the result you want. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell