I had Miradry 25 days ago. I have lumps in both arms but a huge lump on my tendon. Any suggestions?

I had Miradry about 25 days ago. I still have lumps in both arms. My left arm healed way better than my right. My right arm-the tendon I believe- right above my armpit has this huge hard lump that also won't seem to go away and it hurts and theres a red looking pimple on it as well. Should I keep massaging it? Will this go away?

Lump with miradry?

Thanks Ashley. Lumps and bumps are part of the normal healing process with MiraDry. I suggest you follow up with your doctor and be sure the larger one is normal healing and not an infectious process. Best, Dr. ALDO :) 

Lumps and bumps

Lumps and bumps like you are describing can occur after Miradry and the good news is- they go away.  First, make sure you follow up with the provider that performed your treatment. Next, start massaging and stretching the area.  After or during a warm/hot shower is a great time to do so.  Though it may be tender, a firmer massage of the bumpy or ropey areas is best and most effective. All these things will resolve over time.  If you are planning a second treatment, wait until everything resolves before doing so. Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Healing after miraDry

You are describing the wound healing process.  Some patients will get lumps and bumps, but these will resolve. If you have a "red looking pimple," please return to your provider.  This may be a sign of an infection.

Lumpiness after miraDry

The miraDry procedure is an incredibly effective way to reduce sweating (as well as odor and hair), but some patients find that their recovery can literally be a bit longer and bumpier than they had anticipated.  

Patients with thinner armpits tend to notice the lumpiness and banding more so than patients with thicker armpits.  Gentle massage and stretching can help smooth and soften the armpit area, but it may take several weeks for your armpits to return to normal.

I have had the miraDry myself, and I did have lumpiness and tight bands that weren't painful but took a while to get better.  Sometime around 6-8 weeks after the procedure, things finally felt and looked completely normal again.

If you're having painful lumps and noticing a redness or pimples on your skin, give your doctor's office a call to get it checked out.  

Hope this helps, 

Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon