I had Miradry 25 days ago. I have lumps in both arms but a huge lump on my tendon. Any suggestions?

I had Miradry about 25 days ago. I still have lumps in both arms. My left arm healed way better than my right. My right arm-the tendon I believe- right above my armpit has this huge hard lump that also won't seem to go away and it hurts and theres a red looking pimple on it as well. Should I keep massaging it? Will this go away?

Lumpiness after miraDry

The miraDry procedure is an incredibly effective way to reduce sweating (as well as odor and hair), but some patients find that their recovery can literally be a bit longer and bumpier than they had anticipated.  

Patients with thinner armpits tend to notice the lumpiness and banding more so than patients with thicker armpits.  Gentle massage and stretching can help smooth and soften the armpit area, but it may take several weeks for your armpits to return to normal.

I have had the miraDry myself, and I did have lumpiness and tight bands that weren't painful but took a while to get better.  Sometime around 6-8 weeks after the procedure, things finally felt and looked completely normal again.

If you're having painful lumps and noticing a redness or pimples on your skin, give your doctor's office a call to get it checked out.  

Hope this helps, 

Dr. Lim

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon