Can you have deep forehead wrinkles at 18? Can I get Botox at 18? (Photo)

Okay, so I'm an 18 y/o female with no health problems but something that I've been wanting to fix are my forehead lines that I have close to my hairline- they make me self conscious and I'm sure I've had them over 4+ years.. I've tried everything from home remedies to makeup and they only seem to become deeper and noticeable- I've decided that I want to get Botox but I'd like to get a doctors advice first.

Botox is great for forehead lines

Botox is a great way to prevent wrinkles from becoming deeper. It works by relaxing the muscles that cause the wrinkles in the first place, and is ideal for people who are just starting to see lines in their forehead, glabellar region, and at the corner of the eyes. I would recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist to see if Botox will meet your expectations in reducing the appearance of your forehead lines. If you have deep wrinkles even when you are not making facial expressions (resting lines) you may also need hyaluronic filler injections (juvederm or restylane) in addition to Botox for optimal results.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, it is fine to have Botox done at 18.

Yes, it is fine to have Botox done at 18. Many younger patients have Botox done as a preventative measure, and as long as it is performed by a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon there should be no problems. Botox is a great choice for correcting forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. I hope this helps.

Botox

Thanks for your question. Botox is a temporary neuroparalytic that is used to eliminate wrinkles in the periorbital and forehead area. Its also works well for softening the 11s (corrugated muscle). Fillers are used to add volume to the face and also deal with dipper folds and lines such as the smile lines and marionette lines. In addition filler can be used for filling the tear trough deformity and adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Please consult with your plastic surgeon to review the best options available for you.
Good Luck.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Forehead creases at the age of 18

Thanks for including your photos. Your forehead looks smooth and unwrinkled at rest- when you're not actively raising you eyebrows. Having horizontal creases on the forehead when you're raising your eyebrows is normal and only patients who have paralysis (or Botox) are unable to do so. Once you start to have skin creases when you're not even trying to raise your eyebrows, it's time to erase them with Botox. Yes, you can have Botox at the age of 18 years but I personally do not recommend it for your forehead yet.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

I can see that you do have significant forehead lines so I would recommend that it would be a good idea to start Botox treatment in the forehead, probably about 5-10 units.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Yes You can!

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients.  As far as Botox treatments, muscle hyperactivity would likely require treatment 3 times a year.  Botox effects can last anywhere from 4-6 months and with recurrent treatments, this will lead to mild atrophy of the muscle, and some prolongation of Botox's effects.  Botox effects are never permanent, however, if you elected to stop, your muscle would hypertrophy back to its original size. These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced cosmetic dermatologist consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Forehead wrinkles

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good Botox candidate. Botox is indicated for those over the age of 18 and could help soften your forehead lines. I would recommend consulting with an experienced injector. 

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. You appear to be a good candidate for Botox. Botox will paralyze the muscle and prevent you from developing those deeper wrinkles. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox for deep forehead lines

Thank you for asking about your forehead lines.

• Yes, Botox will take care of these over-active muscles.
  • Having Botox will prevent the development of permanent lines.
  • Yo do not need fillers.
  • Microneedling may help of Botox does not get rid of the lines after 3 - 4 treatments.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

This can be treated with a combination approach of botox to start then fillers or microneedling for best results.  See an expert.  Dr. Emer.