Reverse browlift? (Photos)

I had end browlift years ago. It makes me look surprised looking. the brows stretch the soft tissue too much that my my outher upper eyelids are too much visible. I would have a more manly, cool appearance like in the two last photos with lowering of the outher brow edges. What you think would I look better and is this possible which surgery or Botox? I struggled so long with the revision of bw because I heard that it is an invasive surgery like the browlift per se. hairline is ok whant reduce brows.

Rever

Reverse brow lift is generally first performed with Botox (or Dysport, Xeomin) injections. These treatments, such as Botox, not only relax wrinkles, but may modify the appearance of the brow, lifting or dropping as desired.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift Revision (too high, surprised look)

Understanding the ideal brow position is a key issue when considering a brow / forehead lift for any patient, but it is critically important in men.  The male brow should sit in a lower position with a heavier appearance.

I agree with the others who have offered advice.  Start with Botox.  It may take one or two touch up procedures to find the exact balance that works best for you, but Botox might be able to give a soft repositioning of the brow that works for you.

There is definitely a role for a revision surgical procedure.  It would be done with similar techniques that some of us already use to lower the hairline during brow and forehead surgery.  You will need an in person examination to evaluate the brow position and scalp mobility before determining whether or not a procedure like this might be an option for you.

David W. Rodwell III, MD
Charleston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is Likely Your Best Option For a Brow That is Too High

I agree totally with the other answers.  We have to be so careful with facial plastic surgery in men. If it is overdone, even by a millimeter or 2, it tends to make us look a little less masculine and by definition then, even a little bit feminine. While I suppose it may be possible to surgically release the attachments and push things down, The likelihood of getting the result you showed in the photoshopped picture is not high. Probably the best, and certainly the easiest option, would be Botox to relax the lifting muscles of the forehead, allowing the brow to drop naturally. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower the brow

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a good candidate to start with botox to lower the brow.  If this is not enough, a reverse brow lift procedure can be successful.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What to do after an overly-agressive brow lift surgery

You are spot on that an overly-agressive brow lift, particular in a man, can make you look surprised, and that a more masculine look is achieved when the brow is not quite so high. I think that the easiest thing to do is to Botox the frontalis muscle (the muscle of the forehead that raises the eyebrows and that gives you horizontal forehead creases). This should help drop the brow. From your first photo, it does look like you have some resting tension in the frontalis muscle, and hopefully this is enough to drop the brow to a more neutral position. I definitely suggest that you see board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, or Dermatologist who is experienced with Botox. Best of luck!

Dara Liotta, MD

Brow lift

Thank you for your question. In my opinion you are better off without further surgery. There is really no such thing as a reverse brow lift anyway. I do suggest Botox treatment for your forehead muscle which acts as a brow elevator. Blocking it will likely cause your brows to drop. You should definitely be examined in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a candidate. 

Botox

Not many people suggest their brows are too high. Botox would be perfect as it will soften with out removing your forehead wrinkles if you have any and lower your brow probably just the right amount. It can also be tailored to lower your brows only in the places you want to give you exactly the brow shape you want. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin