Do the Thermi treatments hurt, and how much?

I have been reading about Thermi and see they offer a non-invasive treatment that will help tighten the underarm "loose skin". I exercise and eat healthy. Just want to know about the success rate and how much pain patients reported.

ThermiTight and Comfort

There is minimal discomfort with ThermiTight as you are given numbing medication before the treatment is started. It works very well in tightening loose skin in the appropriate candidates. In the underarms it may also help decrease sweating. Please see an experienced physician for an in-person consultation to determine if the treatment is right for you. Hope this helps answer your question!

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

ThermiTight, ThermiSmooth, ThermiRase, and ThermiVa: What are these treatments and are they painless?

The ThermiAesthetics company has a bundle of radiofrequency minimally invasive treatments for different areas of the body: ThermiTight for loose skin of the face, abdomen, knees and upper/ underarm for one. Other Thermi treatments utilize RF for smoothing the area under the eyes (ThermiSmooth), ThermiRase for frown lines between the brows, and tightening the inside of the vagina and outer labial area for vaginal rejuvenation (ThermiVa).  

I have these treatments, they all work well, and it sounds like you are most interested in ThermiTight. From patient and staff feedback ThermiTight is certainly tolerable given the results you can get, and involves a tiny radiofrequency probe inserted under the skin of the underarm to tighten it. As long as it isn't severely loose or pendulous skin along the underarms, this is a good option since surgery in this area tends to leave scars that are visible and sometimes problematic.  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon for these treatments since they are user-dependent (ie: what you are going to get in the result also partly depends upon the technical ability and proficiency of the person performing it). Good luck!

Thermi Radiofrequency

ThermiRF can be an effective treatment for tightening loose arm skin with very little discomfort during the procedure. Patients can experience tolerable increased warmth, but the temperature is very carefully monitored to ensure safety and effectiveness. My recommendation is to consult with an experienced cosmetic physician to determine if you are a good candidate and which procedure is best for you.

Elyse Rafal, MD
Stony Brook Dermatologist

Thermi Treatments and Results / Pain

If done well thermi treatments are virtually painless as anesthesia is used for the treatment.  there is some minor swelling afterwards and this can be treated with proper post operative care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

TheThermiTight is a minimally invasive procedure designed to heat and thus reduce fat deposits with the added benefit of shrinking and tightening the skin. The actual procedure is painless. An injection of fluid containing a local anesthetic is first injected, then a radio frequency emitting probe much like a needle is inserted painlessly into the skin. The probe sends a radio frequency wave that distributes heat to the skin and fat at a specific temperature resulting in tighter skin and fat reduction.

The treatment requires one treatment and the recovery time is minimal. The  price depends upon how long it takes and how many areas you want to treat,. I suggest you make an appointment for a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who performs that procedure for more details.

You appear to be on the right track to achieving your goals by inquiring about the ThermiTight. Best of luck to you.