Had calf implant surgery 3 weeks ago and having sharp pain in feet.
Doctor Answers 2
Pain after calf implants
At 2.5 weeks after surgery, there will still be some swelling and discomfort but should gradually be improving. The specific area you are describing could be from a nerve being stretched or compressed. It is important to stay in touch with your surgeon so they can examine you and follow along with your progress.
Calf implants - feet are swollen and painful.
Thank you for asking about your calf implants.
- You need to return to see your surgeon to be examined.
- Yes, the pain may be from nerves that were stretched by the implant -
- A nerve block may help.
- The swelling may be from surgery, or from too tight a bandage or from some other problem.
- I generally do not use compression stockings in the first six weeks, because the ace wraps work better for my patients but your surgeon has to be the one to advise you.
- Hope it all settles down soon for you!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.