Thick thigh, Skinny Legs. Any suggestions? (photos)

My thighs are tick and my lower legs are skinny, my Skinny calves and ankles gives me serious low esteem, to the extent I don't wear skirts, short dress or shorts, I wear trouser, long dresses and boots, am really tired of it. My legs are out of proportion with the rest of my body. Am really thinking of surgery or a solution. Please what do you advice as am really unhappy.

Calfs

Calf implants are your best option. While the procedure is reasonably straightforward, experience in choosing the proper implants and minimizing risks of complications make this a surgery best done with a surgeon who has good experience with it. Your proportions are fairly common for what we see.

Calf Implants Beverly Hills

Hello and thank you for the question.Calf implants are a reasonable option for you, and would create greater balance between your thighs and legs.  The procedure takes approximately, 30 minutes, and the recovery is quite reasonable for most clients.Best of luck,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Thick thighs, skinny legs

Other than favorable genetics combined with rigorous consistent exercise, there is no other way to augment the calf muscles besides calf implants. Fat transfer will NOT work, period!  Surgical prices vary by region, surgeon reputation, and surgical experience.  However, very few plastic surgeons specialize in this operation so you may have to travel a long distance to one that does. The implants are made of soft semi-solid silicone rubber and placed surgically through a small (3/4 inch) incision in a natural crease behind the knee. When the implants are properly sized and placed under the muscle fascia, they should blend in and look natural. There are too many critical nerves and blood vessels under the muscle to risk this technique. All surgery comes with post-operative pain and recovery.  For calf implants, the first two weeks after surgery is the most difficult time because walking is painful. Recovery usually progresses at a smooth steady pace from there. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Calf implants for thigh thighs and skinny lower legs?

Thank you for asking about your calf implants.
  • Calf implants will probably help you a lot.
  • These implants go over the gastrocnemius muscle -
  • You can have one or two implants in each leg, depending on the look you want.
  • Calf implants cannot thicken the ankles but most women are very pleased with their results.
  • Please have small implants - not large ones.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC