Is my body rejecting my calf implant?
Doctor Answers 2
Calf implant - one side is swollen and painful
- It sounds as though the doctors you have seen do not know about calf implants.
- You almost certainly have an infection around your implant -
- Your white cell count will not rise until the infection is spreading through your body -
- You should not wait anywhere near that long to be treated.
- You must promptly see a surgeon who does calf implants. If there is any doubt, an ultrasound can be done.
- If your surgeon is in the area, have her/him order an ultrasound.
- The only treatment is removal of the implant now and a wound vac for two weeks to heal the cavity.
- Since you are in Georgia, if you cannot find a surgeon near you to help you, please contact my office without delay.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.