Will hair shed by minoxidil grow back?

I'm worried that minoxidil will make things worse. I'm 21 and my hair loss has been happening for about a year and a half. Will the initial minoxidil shed grow back? Is it worth trying? Diagnosed with chronic te (i know its not approved for te at all, but the trigger is difficult to remove).

Will Hair shed by Minoxidil grow back

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

CTE and hair loss

Are you a man or a woman?  For men, the most likely diagnosis would be genetic hair loss not CTE, but get a doctor to diagnose you. Minoxidil is the standard treatment for CTE;however, this drug does not stop the cause of the CTER and for that you need to identify a cause if that is what you have.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil and shedding

Thanks for your question. The initial shed of minoxidil grows back... for the vast majority. That being said, I have seen cases where the minoxidil shed did not grow back, and sadly, nothing in medicine is ever truly 100%.   In these situations, there are additional treatments (PRP, etc) that can be started to additionally stimulate growth and reduce shedding. I would say based on the numbers, your shed will likely be temporary and your hair will very likely grow your hair back if you stay on the minoxidil.  Hoping for a full, dense head of hair for you in the coming months. My best,  Dr. P.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Hair Loss Worries

Minoxidil can sometimes cause a small telogen hair loss, this recovers quickly and is never permanent. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a hair loss expert. The best options are PRP and progesterone injections to the scalp and/or hair transplantation.  Best, Dr. Emer.