Changing Nose Tip by Manipulating the Cartilage by Hand?

In other words, when I became self-conscious about my nose, I began using my fingers to manipulate it and try to shape it the way I would like it and it caused my nose to be more hawk-like in appearance at the end.

Rhinoplasty by Hand

You would have to be very, very aggressive with your hand manipulation in order to make a visible change. It is highly unlikely but anything is possible.

Should not hurt

Hand shaping should not work but tip cartilages may possibly be disloged.
The upper nose is bone and will not be able to be shaped.
the middle nose (upper lateral cartilages) are strong and will be hard to shape.
Cartilage tends to spring back, much like trying to shape your ears into your head with your hands.

Don't blame yourself. You can't change cartilage this way.

Short of breaking your nasal bones by hand (a hard task to do and a painful one), there's really no way that you can cause a change such as you describe. Cartilage cannot be manipulated manually to produce any meaningful or lasting shape change.

If you're concerned about your nasal appearance, speak to a surgeon well-trained and experienced in rhinoplasty.

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon