Does Cavi-Lipo work? (photo)

I have two kids and since having my last child, I have developed a little bulge in my belly that I cannot get rid of. I am considering having cavi-lipo and want to know how effective it is, how many treatments I will need, and the cost per treatment. I visited one spa and was quote $620 for six treatments. In your professional opinion, is there a better alternative with longer lasting results? In addition to losing the belly fat, I want to contour my waste line. Thanks in advance for your help.

Does Cavi-Lipo Work?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would be VERY wary of any new technology that makes extravagant promises, yet costs so little. A quick review of a Cavi-Lipo web page suggests that it is long on marketing and short on results. The before and after pictures that are shown are simply horrible, and one cannot draw any conclusions whatsoever as to whether the device is effective.

There are several non-surgical fat reduction devices being used today which have definitely been shown to work, although the benefits are not as significant as more traditional types of liposuction procedures. These non-surgical devices include CoolSculpt, Ultrashape, and Liposonix. Based on your photographs I think that you would be better off with some type of liposuction procedure rather than a non-surgical treatment to get the results that you are looking for.

Non Surgical Alternatives to Liposuction

Non surgical fat reduction and skin tightening ( both of this happens with liposuction) can be achieved with many machines. Each of these may use a different technology. Cool sculpting ( cryolipolysis) , Ultrashape power (Ultrasound), Exillis Ultra ( USG and Radio frequency), Sculp sure( laser ), Vellashape 

The results delivered by them cannot be compared to liposuction. Not all of them are without downtime or discomfort. You must understand that once the fat lysis is achieved by these machines the body has to remove the fat cells by the process of " APOPTOSIS". 

This may take weeks to months depending on the area treated. You will need multiple sessions and each area need to be treated separately. Any inch loss or tightening  that you experience immediately is only because of dehydration of cells and would return to normal measurements within a couple of days. For best results you may require a combination of two or more of these procedures.

Does Cavi-Lipo work?

Tumescent liposuction in the right hands will produce a more significant result.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.