What Can Cause a Dimple & a Hard Marble Sized Lump Above It After a TT & Lipo, and Can It Be Fixed? (photo)

I had a TT w/ lipo 2 yrs ago & I've been patiently waiting to fully recover but I still have a pulling, burning sensation in my upper abdomen when i work out or reach for things. There's a small dimple in my upper rt ab, My left upper & lower ab is uneven and still a little fatty. My PS agreed to lipo but will that fix that dimple or the hard marble? By the way he says it's scar tissue, but why does it hurt? Does scar tissue hurt? Will it ever go away? I just want a flat belly! Please help.

Tummy tuck revisions

It's hard to say without actually seeing you, but in order to make your belly as flat as possible you'll most likely need an operative reivion with re-tightening of your muscles.  Any extra scar tissue can also be removed at that time. 

What Can Cause a Dimple & a Hard Marble Sized Lump Above It After a TT & Lipo, and Can It Be Fixed?

2 years post operative!!! Why did you wait SOOOO long??? Appears as fat resorption in the indentation. I recommend riggotomies with fat grafts to this area. 

Tummy Tuck Dimple

Other than the dimple, you have an excellent tummy tuck result. Very nice, natural abdominal contour. Release of the dimple and fat transfer in conjunction with touch up lipo to any unveven areas should help.  The pain may be associated with the scar or a pinched nerve from the muscle plication sutures. If scar release and tranfer does not address the problem, the area can be injected with lidocaine. If it resolves the pain, then a pinched nerve is more likely. Ultrasound guided injection of the area with other medications can resolve the problem. Discuss these issues with your surgeon further. Best wishes.

Liposuction may help with the fullness provided this is fat and not an old seroma.  The indentations need to be addressed with fat grafting.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures and revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Scar Tissue After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

Thank you for the question and picture. As you note, liposuction surgery may help improve the appearance of the upper abdomen in the areas that remain “fatty” but will not improve the appearance of the “dimpled” area. 

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource in answering the question about the “dimpled" area;  This may be an area of contour depression after excision of  tissue directly or through liposuction, during the initial topic of procedure. 

Your discomfort may be caused by a specific nerve caught up in the scar tissue;  see if your plastic surgeon can localize the area of discomfort.  There may be a specific neuroma in the area.

Be careful that additional liposuction surgery does not create additional contour irregularities. 

Dimpled skin after abdominoplasty

The cause of the dimpled skin is likely trauma to the undersurface of the skin with the liposuction cannula resulting in scarring.  I agree that releasing the scar and liposcultpture or fat grafing to the area will correct this.  It does involve a 2nd procedure.