Brow lift - continous headache. (photo)

A week ago I had a brow lift and a facelift. I have had a continuous headache since. It's the same kind of pain that you get if your ponytail is too tight or if your visor starts to hurt. I am feeling desperate for this to go away. ..

Headache following brow lift

Headache following a browlift is the rule. It typically resolves within 3 days post-op, but may persist up to a week. It is a function of irritation of the supra-trochlear and supra-orbital nerves which may be stretched or otherwise irritated during the procedure.  It always resolves.  In addition to prescribed pain medications, NSAIDS may be helpful. Also  if you are a coffee drinker make sure to get your caffeine fix. Regards.

Pain after brow lift

Most people who have had an endoscopic brow lift say that it is pretty uncomfortable for the first 24-48 hours.  If you are still having discomfort, try taking some anti-inflammatory medication such as Motrin or Naprosyn.  Also check in with your surgeon to make sure the wounds are healing ok. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon