Is there any way for me to get more of a rounded and feminine forehead?

I know this seems like a strange question to ask, but I feel that my forehead in comparison to the rest of my face is receding. I have always had a problem with my profile and thought it was because of my nose, but the more I look at it, I realize I think it is because I have a convex face shape. I'm not sure what could be done about this, but if there are any suggestions as to what I could do that would be great.

Doctor Answers 3

Forehead shaping.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a couple ways to contour the forehead. Fillers and fat grafting are the mainstay. There are tailored implants by a few companies but those can get pricey. 

This is prominent in the facial feminization surgery population. We have a large trans population in Chicago and they request this procedure frequently. 

Depending on age I typically recommend fat grafting. This is because if the benefits of fat grafting. Stem cells are transferred along with the fat.  This rejuvenates the skin and makes and overall more brilliant look. 

We can also contour other portions of the face such as orbital rims, cheeks, lips and chin.

Best of luck,


Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Forehead Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are referring to forehead augmentation to create a rounder and more convex forehead. This can be done using either intraoperatively applied bone cements or a ore made custom forehead implant made from a 3D CT scan.

Receding forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many times I receding forehead can be corrected with hair transplant or excision of extra skin using brow lift.  Without the photographs it is difficult to assess the situation.  Please attach some photographs from the front and the side view.


Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.