Early sign of sagging face and nasolabial folds at the age of 30

I have noticed that my nasolabial getting worse and worse over the past three years. It is extremely obvious when I get up in the morning. My sleep quality is really poor. My questions are: 1. Is it because the fat on my face that makes the lines so obvious? I have very unhealthy lifestyle and poor sleep... 2. What would be the most suitable way to correct it? Juvederm? Laser? Thermage?

Nasolabial folds

Nasolabial folds can appear at your young age either as a result of significant weight loss and / or genetic factors, assuming your skin is normal. Unfortunately, there are no photographs of your face to view.  I would recommend treatment with a robust hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane Lift (that can resist the forces on the filler from smiling, better than other fillers). There may also be some benefit from injection of Juvederm Voluma in the upper cheeks, close to the lower eyelid and cheek bone. Please see a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist, dermatologic surgeon or an esthetic plastic surgeon for an evaluation to determine where the problem lies and the best treatment or combination of treatments for you. I don't think laser treatments or Thermage will provide as good a result as the right fillers. Best,
Renuka Diwan,MD

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

The first line treatment for heavy nasolabial folds are a robust filler such as Juvederm UP XC or Restylane Lift®. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Juvederm Filler Botox Toronto

Are you able to post some photos so that we can see what you're trying to describe? That way we can provide useful commentary. All the best.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

You likely need a combination approach with lasers, fillers, skin care and skin tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nasolabial fold

Hello! You are still quite young and it is most likely that filler will help your folds, which do tend to deepen with age. I would recommend that you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate options, and don't forget to protect your skin with sunscreen!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed many facial shaping procedures and facelifts on women in their late twenties to early thirties that have "jowl" formation.  Premature formation of the nasolabial folds and jowls results from sagging tissues falling off of cheeks that are flat anteriorly (in the front) which can't supply adequate bony support.  

There are numerous options to reduce nasolabial folds and jowls.  Dermal fillers can reduce the folds, cheek augmentation with dermal fillers or cheek implants can add bony support and feminize the face.  Typically skin tightening procedures like Laser, Thermage, chemical peels will add little value in this scenario, IMHO.

If excess skin is to be removed in the presence of facial aging as defined by jowsl and or nasolabial folds, this is an indication for some form of a facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Hope this helps.

Early signs of sagging skin and nasolabial folds at the age of 30

Thank you for your question. As we age we notice our lines and wrinkles become more prominent due to a combination of factors such as aging lifestyle, nutrition, skin care regimen and hydration. To correct the signs of aging on the mid-lower face, I recommend having hyaluronic acid fillers. Fillers are safe, and instantly provide the necessary volume to enhance your appearance. Patients in my office love the results with Juvederm to improve their nasolabial folds. This procedure has no downtime and the results last up to 9 months. Another option for facial rejuvenation is Voluma. This hyaluronic acid filler is injected into the cheeks, and instantly lifts sagging jowls while improving the deepening of the nasolabial folds. Voluma is a long lasting filler that lasts up to 2 years and has no downtime.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Early Signs of sagging in the 30's and Nasolabial folds

The best advice would be a combination of Thermage and Juvederm Voluma injections into the mid-face (cheek).  Healthy life style, sunscreen, and rest, all help as well.  Please feel free to post your photo for a more in depth analysis.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question. Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer you the best treatment recommendation as it may require a multidimensional approach - improvement in hydration, initiation of a good skin care regimen, lifestyle modification with improved sleep, filler placement into cheeks, or filler placement into nasolabial folds. See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. They can best help advise you.

Early aging...

Thank you for your question.  Deepining of nasolabial folds can be due to numerous reasons.  Pictures would be very helpful.  Typically combination approaches using mid face volume restoration and ultherapy would be the most beneficial treatment for nasolabial fold deepening.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon