Is it really 2500 grafts? (Photo)

Two weeks ago I went to Colorado for having FUE hair transplant and got what you can see in the picture. they are telling me it's 2500 grafts and density is very high,more than 45 per cm sq!! either I'm blind or they're so rude and make fun of people's life.everyday I think what is going to look like 6 months later? is it going to be like a doll head? please advise and please let me know how much I need to be worry and if I have to be really worry is there anyway to fix this mess? Thank you in advance.

2500 Grafts

That definitely does not look like 2500 grafts and it looks like the grafts are very large.  You can almost count them yourself on the pictures.  You may need to have this corrected by a qualified hair restoration doctor.  If you are in southern California there are multiple great doctors to choose from including the ones that have responded to your question.  I would recommend visiting one of us.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Number of grafts

it doesn't look like 2500 grafts and the grafts look very large. Your hair line design looks poor. You need to contact your doctor and express your concerns.  This is why choosing a doctor with experience and track record is important. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Grafts loo large, not 2500

Hi,

These are NOT 2500 grafts, and no way is the packing anywhere near 45 per sq.cm.
Speak to your doctor as this is clearly not the density/ count they seem to have promised. Also, make sure to have a  second opinion from a qualified hair transplant surgeon, to see if the spaced between can be filled, at least along the hairline.

Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

It does not look like 2500 grafts. You can count it yourself with a good photo.

It does not look like 2500 grafts. You can count it yourself with a good photo.  You need to follow up with your doctor or seek another doctor for a second advice.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplantation Should Be Done By Experts

See your doctor and ask those questions. Hair transplantation is a very rewarding procedure if it is done properly. Artistry, design, caring for the patient and grafts all factor into the ultimate results you will achieve. Avoiding practices/facilities that promote a machine or dabble in hair restoration as just one of many procedures is important. Most homework about hair restoration should be done before the procedure not after. These points are general and not specific to your case. Please review my link on avoiding a bad hair transplant. Unfortunately, I still do far too many repairs of bad hair transplants.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Current Standards in FUE

That indeed looks like subpar work. You can measure it for yourself but the density looks about 10 per square cm. The grafts look like minigrafts instead of micrografts that are not commonly used in the last decade, which may cause a doll-like appereance especially if the angles were not created right. At this point you have to hope that they grow in an acceptable fashion and that your donor area was preserved for future sessions. After getting the result in about a year, you should do your homework and search for a skilled surgeon to proceed with.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Graft density

Photographs can be very deceptive and yours only shows the from of your head. However it certainly doesn't look like a density of 45 per square cm. If there wasn't significant grafting in areas not shown by the photograph then it is also unlikely you had 2500 grafts.
You might want to seek the advice of a lawyer.
If the doctor is a member of the ISHRS - International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery - then you might also want to seek advice from this Association.
It is difficult to predict what your appearance will be like once the transplanted hairs have grown but if you aren't happy then I'm sure a reputable hair transplant surgeon will be able to improve things. Of course, more experienced surgeons tend to be more expensive! 

Greg Williams, FRCS (Plast)
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

2500 grafts 2 weeks ago

You have too much crusting for me, as most of my patients are clean as they were the day before surgery within a day and only show the short hairs growing out of the grafts just 4 days after surgery.

If you have doubts about the number of grafts you got, go back to your doctor and ask for the 'count sheet' which will show the # of grafts you received. On occasion, i have seen patients like you after their surgery elsewhere to help confirm what I think and as you are local, you can visit me at no charge for an opinion.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon