I received my attachments today. Some did not stick. Will this affect the final result of my Invisalign process?

I'm a 61 year old female who decided to jump in and go for the Invisalign treatment plan. The dentist opted to add the attachments on the third set of aligners. Some of the attachments did not stick to the teeth (4/19). Was this the technician's inexperience? And, will this prolong the process? The dentist decided that the missing attachments can be added during the refinement stage. Should I be concerned at this stage?

Attachment came off

Attachments can come of in the beginning, it is usually not a big deal. It is not an emergency to have them replaced and is often done on the next visit that the patient is seen.

New York Orthodontist

Attachment loss

Since your trays have the attachments built in, just take your last tray in and they can replace the attachments you lost at your next appointment. They will prep your teeth that lost the attachments, add them inside your tray and bond them to your teeth.  Sometimes they will come off initially, but easy to replace.

John N. Ordahl, DDS, MS
Colorado Springs Orthodontist