Hit my nose tip. I think the tip cartilage graft shifted. Can it be corrected by hand without surgery? (photo)

I had septorhino 32 days ago. septum corrected. Tip raised. Cartilage grafts used. And 28 days post op my husband accidentally hit my nose tip with his head. It didnt hurt or bleed but the force bent my tip to the left at the moment. And i felt something moved. i have throbbing pain and stiffness on the left side of tip. I think the grafts moved because tip is slightly bent to the left. Or is it swelling? Im going to see a surgeon on monday. Can it be fixed without surgery by palpation?

Is almost impossible to shift aCartilage tip graft a month after the operation.

It is highly likely that you have displaced the tip graft. After final resolution of swelling any modest asymmetry can be treated with a filler.

Post rhinoplasty

Discuss with your surgeon.  Sometimes taping may be used to contour the nose.  If the cartilage is significantly out of position, it may require revision at a later date.  I would delay any surgery for at least a year to see what would be needed.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Hit my nose tip. I think the tip cartilage graft shifted. Can it be corrected by hand without surgery?

Only IN PERSON examination would allow a response. Go see your surgeon ASAP for evaluation....//////

Trauma to the nose after a rhinoplasty

You should be checked by your plastic surgeon to see if your traumatic event caused a problem.  Your photos appear fine but an exam is needed.  At 32 days things should be very stable.  

Naasal trauma after rhinoplasty

Best advice is to follow up with your surgeon. They should have an idea if your grafts have moved. Conservative treatment with taping the nose may be helpful initially. If the grafts have really moved, they may need to be re positioned. Typically this is not done until the tissues have softened, usually at least 12 months after the original procedure.

This would be impossible to answer without the benefit of an exam.

Los Angeles, CA.

Cartilage graft displacement

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but if you have concerns, you may want to see your surgeon. Best of luck.