Can I have a BBL and abdominal etching at the same time? (Photo)

I am very athletic, in the past I noticed that when I got down to a weight of 130, (Bmi 20.1, height is 5'7") my two pack begins to show, however, no matter how much exercise I do I can't get the remaining 4-pack to come out of hiding. I'm very interested in a bbl and ab etching, but they seem contradictory procedures. In order to have a BBL you need to have fat pockets to harvest from while ab etching requires minimal fat. Is it possible to have both of these procedures done at the same time.

BBL and Abdominal Etching

You can absolutely combine Brazilian Butt Lift with abdominal etching provided you are otherwise healthy.  My only concern in your case is whether or not you would have enough fat to provide a good buttocks result.  If not, buttocks implants may be an option.  Good luck!

Can I have a BBL and abdominal etching at the same time?

Hi, thank you for the question... Yes these could be done together, this would depend of the amount of fat tissue in the area... 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Fat transfer to the buttock candidate and abd etching

The success of a BBL(fat transfer to the buttock) depends on having sufficient fat. Although you can have etching done at the time of your liposuction, I'm concerned you will not have enough fat to perform the shaping of your gluteal area. Remember that about 30-40% of the injected fat will shrink and atrophy within the first two or three months after the procedure. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for an exam and review of your aesthetic goals.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL

I appreciate your question.
The liposuction needed for the fat grafting is typically taken from the abdomen which can also be etched.
Just know that long-term etching can look worse if you gain a lot of weight or stretch the skin out with kids

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

BBL and ab etching

Hi, thanks for your question. Since liposuction is required for a BBL procedure, you can certainly have 'etching' to the abdomen at the same time. As long as there is an area on your body where fat can be safely harvested, then BBL can be performed. If you are a fit person, then smaller amounts of fat grafted to the buttocks can make more of a difference. Best of luck. 

BBL in thin patients often gives excellent results.

It is true that one needs to harvest some fat for the fat grafting procedure. However if you are thin, grafting even a small volume to buttocks will give you quite a significant improvement especially in the shape of the buttock even if you cannot get a very large augmentation in the volume.
So it may be worth your while to look into this option. Doing the liposuction/etching on your abdomen may enable you to let your body weight ride up slightly while keeping your definition of your "sixpack"

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon