Why is my left cheek bigger than my right cheek? (Photo)

Why is my left cheek bigger than my right cheek ? & it's sort of harder to tell in this picture but my left nose crease is deeper and scrunches up more when I talk. It's like one side of my face uses more muscle than the other side and I want to fix this without surgery. I force myself to try and lift the right side of my face when I talk so it isn't so bad but I want to know if there is anything else I can do to have a even face?

Facial asymmetry

Dear Jazzer1928,

Thank you very much for your question and the photo that you included.  It is not uncommon for people to have more facial tone on one side of the face than the other.  This means that there smile may be wider on one side than the other or that they are more expressive on one side than the other.  Additionally your left cheek bone is smaller than your right, and your left eye is a little bit lower than your right.  Clinically speaking you have a subclinical hemifacial microsomia.  This means that one part of your face is a little bit smaller than the other and you can only tell when you look really close.  Pragmatically speaking you have a very natural, youthful, and beautiful face.  Sure, fillers could be placed along the left cheek bone region to create better facial symmetry.  This would limit the tissues slightly on the left side and create more symmetry.  I hope this is helpful to you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue & Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek asymmetry- treatment with fillers

You have a very pretty face but asymmetries in every patient are present... if you look closely enough.  The question then becomes which are reasonable to treat?

That being said, minor irregularities can be addressed with a number of fillers.  

Your doctor should have an artistic eye and notice the differences, including the accompanying differences such as with the cheeks, eye bones, orbital set, brows, mandibular border, etc. that often go hand in hand with cheek asymmetry.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Symmetrical Solutions with facial fillers (voluma, juvederm), sculptra, fat

Everyone has some facial asymmetries. Facial symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer