Can you regrow hair after laser hair removal?

I deeply regret the laser hair removal i've done in my pubic area couple of years back... Specially that my new boyfriend hates it shaved, I actually couldn't tell him that i did this laser thing ! :( I had five sessions back then and i wish to reverse it and regrow hair normally like before, is that possible ?! Is there any product that i can use to help regrow hair back ?! Like "kaminomoto Trigger" for example!! Please help !!!!!!!

Regrow Hair

The only possible treatment is PRP. It can be used to help encourage hair growth. I recommend having an evaluation with an expert

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Second thoughts about laser hair removal

You could try prp and progesterone injections to encourage hair growth to the area. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hair loss expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair regrowth after laser hair removal

The laser treatment actually destroys the hair beneath the skin.  While some hair may still appear in a treated area, it will not grow back in the way it was before being treated because the follicle, or root of the hair, has been permanently destroyed or altered.  It is unlikely that over the counter remedies will work, so I wouldn't waste your money on them.  You may have some success with platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments, but this treatment has not been studied for use in this situation.  You should talk with a provider experienced in hair regrowth procedures for the fullest discussion of your options.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

After LHR, now I want my hair!

We use PRP to try to encourage hair growth. That is a possible treatment. Supplements such as Nutrifol may help as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

No good topical option

Sorry that you have now changed your mind. But if your hair removal sessions were done several years ago, and the hair has not grown back--it is very unlikely anything you do to the area with topicals will reverse it. The laser treatment goal is to PERMANENTLY reduce and remove the hair in the area. Once the hair has been destroyed and it is no longer growing, it is basically gone. Maybe if you tell your boyfriend that it was treated with laser hair removal and it is not something you are actively doing to remove it--he will tell you that it is something that he can get over and accept. Short of looking for a surgeon willing to do hair transplantation procedures in this area--I am not sure there is much more you can do than be honest an let him know this is the way it is.

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist