C-Section Scar Tissue Pain 4 Years Later, is this normal?

I had an emergency c-section 4 years ago. Bad surgery. A year and a half later I found a general surgeon (3rd try) who fixed an umbilical hernia. I still have internal hard scar tissue along the incision, increasing lower back pain, abdominal cramps (MUCH more painful than before the c-section), etc. I've lost 60 lbs since a few months after the c-section and the pain seems to get worse. I'm not concerned with cosmetics (just the pain) but don't know what type of dr/procedure to look into.

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question.

I suggest for you to speak directly to your gynecologist so he or she can guide you in to what follows.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 257 reviews

Pain years after C section

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  1. Weight loss and increasing pain require a complete evaluation until the cause is found and treated.
  2. Start with a Board Certified gynecologist, pelvic ultrasound and probably a CT scan.
  3. If no explanation is found, then consult a general surgeon.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.