How do I get rid of this indent with a slight bulge on top, result from a bad fall, on my butt cheek? (photos)

Hi about a year ago I fell down my stairs hard on the edge of a wooden step, I landed on my left butt cheek. immediately I had a huge purple swollen bruise. when bruise, swelling and pain went away I was left with an indent and a little buldge over top. I've had x-ray done, electro massage, ice, heat .... nothing helps, and no bones are broken. Is there any glute excersizes that would help? if a trainor could fix this I'd rather that than surgery. or plastic surgery or fat transfer?

Doctor Answers 5

Buttock indentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Glute exercises will not help with the indentation. Depending on the texture of the skin, filler or excision can be done. A combination of the two could also be helpful in getting the smooth contoured buttock desired.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be helpful in getting specific recommendations

Best Wishes,

Arian Mowlavi M.D.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 107 reviews

Fat transfer to buttock

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your great question.  It looks as though some fat could be harvested through liposuction from another part of your body and injected into the indented area and make it look more even and plumped.  Do your homework and seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does this procedure often.  Good luck in your search.

Fat transfer to buttock

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for including a photo. There is a good chance that fat transfer to your left buttock could improve the visible indentation. I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this and make sure you are on the same page in terms of goals.

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Brazilian Butt Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, thanks for your pictures and your inquiry. Sorry to hear you had that accident, fortunately you are alright and your problem might be fixed with a BBL.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 257 reviews

How do I get rid of this indent with a slight bulge on top, result from a bad fall, on my butt cheek?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello elacey77 - Thanks for your question.You had what is termed a shear injury to the fat.  I saw a patient here in the office yesterday with the same exact thing after a surfing accident. It affects her frontal thigh area really badly.The best treatment is liposuction to obtain healthy fat cells, liporelease of the traumatized area with a picklefork cannula, and fat transfer to fill and smooth the area.This procedure can easily done in the office under local anesthesia.I would recommend that you consult with a plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in fat transfer to help you out.Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.