Butt Implants - Can a Partner Feel Them?

Butt implants - do they look and feel natural?

Implants are made to look and feel natural. 

If you have little tissue, you may be able to feel or see them. In this case, you may want to consider a Brazilian Butt Lift instead, a technique that takes your own fat from an area like your thighs or abdomen and transfers it to your buttocks. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in butt implants and/or Brazilian Butt Lifts for the better outcome.

That depends...

on the type of implant, your amount of fat and how deep you place the implant.  A soft silicone implant placed below the muscle in someone with a good amount of buttock fat already is not likely to be felt.  Good luck!

Can your partner feel your butt implants?

Butt implants have become extremely popular over the past few years. They have been used in two groups of patients, one is in patients that don’t have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift or want more augmentation than is possible with a Brazilian Butt Lift alone.

Butt implants just like any implant can be felt at first. The implant does make the butt slightly firmer, however most of my patients want to firm up their butt a little.

My patients have said that the get used to the implants and it just becomes part of them. After the initial period of not sitting to allow the implants to heal they can sit and do activities as they did before the surgery.

I have asked my patients if their partners can feel them or if they get in the way during intercourse. My patients have said that they partner can typically feel that the butt is a little firmer but that they have not had any complaints. They also have said that it has not kept them doing anything they want in that regard. They have said that the hardest part is trying to keep their partners hands off them during the first initially healing time.

I hope this helps! Please consult your board certified plastic surgeon about your butt implant surgery.

Butt Implants MAY be palpable

Not all buttock implants are the same. Moreover, they can be placed in 4 different depths in the buttocks; under the skin, under the muscle lining, in the muscle or under the muscle. Placement of a soft buttock implant in or under the muscle may not be felt while placement under the skin or under the muscle lining may be felt and seen.

Your best option is to have fat transfer to the buttocks.

Dr. Peter Aldea

But implants

Most of the time yes you can feel the implant.

You want natural feel only fat transfer can give yo a natural feel

Palpability of buttock implants for augmentation

This depends on the durometer (hardness of the silicone) as well as the placement (subcutaneous, subfascial, intramusclular, submuscular) as well as the shape and size and the amount of soft tissue coverage.

Butt Implants always feel unnatural to oneself as well as others touching your buttocks.

I have placed Butt Implants subfascially, as well as intra and sub muscular. I haven't had a single patient that I couldn't feel the implant.
I also agree that the best and most natural option is fat transfer to the buttocks, The Brazilian Butt Lift. I have never had a single one that looks or feels unnatural.