Is HIP swelling common after a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and NO lipo?

I had a full tummy tuck 3 days ago (with muscle repair) and noticed that my hips are very swollen. I did NOT have lipo. All the research I am doing on message boards, I seem to find women who had their thighs swell. I can't seem to find hip swelling. Could this be due to the trauma? What about the garment pushing my skin down? Thank you!

Post op swelling

Swelling of the hips can be normal post op. Depending on the technique used, you may have more or less swelling.

Is HIP swelling common after a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and NO lipo

Thank you for your question.  Recover after a tummy tuck in the first 1-2 weeks includes being in the sitting position.  Fluid will accumulate and cause your tissue to swell in your super pubic region and hips.  Your very early in your recovery from a Tummy Tuck.  The swelling will resolve in the next few weeks.  Discuss your concerns with ypur Plastic surgeoni.

Jeff Angobaldo, MD