Breast Reduction - breasts are very far apart? (Photos)

I'm day 3 post breast reduction. I'm getting increasingly worried about how far apart my breasts now are... I know they're swollen but will they come closer together? I feel like I have pecks being this far apart.

Early postop

You are still very early postop and I would not be concerned at present. It will take time for the breasts to settle and the final shape will take at least 3-6 months until you can make any true comment on the result. The way your breasts settle will be dictated by how you were preop and it is important in evaluating results longer term to look at the preop photos also. Stick with your PS I am sure it will all settle appropriately. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction - breasts are very far apart?

Congratulations on having undergone breast reduction procedure.  As you likely know, at an intellectual level, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. You may find, for example, as swelling dissipates around the breasts, that the shape of the breasts will be more appealing.  Again, for example, as this occurs, there may be "deeper cleavage" and better overall breast definition.

In other words, time and patience may be your best friends here. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Nipple - areolar distance after breast reduction

First off, although the best way to evaluate preop / postop results is not to use a cell phone camera, from what I can tell you appear to have an excellent result.  We won't know for sure, of course, until 1) the dressings come off, and 2) you have given it enough time for postoperative swelling to subside, scars to mature, etc.

To really answer your question, it is important to look at the position of your nipple-areolar complex (i.e., "NAC") pre-operatively. Breasts are all unique. Some women are born with NAC's that are wide apart, and some are closer together. 

In general, when we perform a breast reduction or lift, we re-position the NAC along a line that goes from the middle-third or middle of the clavicle, down to the current location of the NAC. If for some reason that position doesn't look right (for example, because the breasts are unusually large, ptotic, or "deflated" after massive weight loss or pregnancy), we will sometimes use our best judgement and move the NAC medially or laterally a bit.  But, in general, the new nipple position is dictated by a combination of 1) the old nipple position, and 2) the bony anatomy of your chest wall.

All that being said, you look great!