I would like to be intimate with my husband exactly 11 days after my bbl. Are there any precautions against this?

Will I be bruised and unsightly still? My skin is dark brown and I do get bruises from time to time. Are certain positions better than others? Will I feel sick/nauseous? Will I be puffy and uncomfortable at this point (11-day mark)? Will he at least be able to hold or caress me without jeopardizing my precious fat? Sorry for all the Q's but, ----Please help!!! Thank you!

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Activities at 10-11 days out

Each surgeon is different in terms of their post-op care. Some allow patients to go back to activities sooner than other. I usually allow patients to go back to light activities by about 2-3 weeks.

physical activity after BBL surgery – general consideration

when fat is  transplanted, the fat cells survive by oxygen diffusion in the initial 7 to 10 days after surgery. Small blood vessels then grow into these fat lobules and they eventually get oxygen by direct capillary blood flow. 

during this critical time, disruption of the fat can harm the graft. This is why most surgeons recommend no sitting for three weeks or more after the surgery. In general, anything that causes pressure on the transplanted fat is potentially dangerous to survival.

Therefore, any activity-including sexual activity-that puts excess weight or pressure on the buttocks should be avoided for at least three weeks.   

With this in mind, you can use your judgment as to what particular activities you think are safe for your fat.

Best regards, Dr. Delvecchio