Can get Soprano ICE laser done after 6-8 session of Lightsheer diode laser?

Hello doctors, I have got 6-8 session of lightsheer diode laser hair removal done in Australia. I have now moved to UK, living in Bristol. Most centres around me only provide Soparano ICE laser. I want to take another 2 sessions. Am I okay to proceed with Soparano ICE after having done Lightsheer diode? Or should I find a place that uses the same diode, I will have to go to London to get it done - but it's not a problem if this is the only way out. Thanks much.

Thanks for your question – the LightSheer is an 810 nm diode laser and the Soprano ICE is also an 810 nm diode laser.  Although they work a little differently, there should be no major differences between them.  In fact, several years ago, we published an article showing that one worked as well as the other – which is what you would expect.  Find the right provider who understands the technology and you will do just fine.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatments -- COST BASED ON EXPERTISE, SKILL, TECHNIQUE

Laser hair removal can be done with various types of lasers, as long as they are working on your skin type without complications it's completely fine to use whichever laser is best for you. I like diode lasers and microsecond yag. Dr. Emer.

Different laser for LHR

It's quite alright to switch up lasers for LHR. They are both diode lasers so there is not much difference between the 2 except the technique is different. I've been using the Lightsheer Duet for about 8 years and I'm very happy with it.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treating skin with different hair removal lasers

It's not uncommon to switch up lasers during hair removal treatment cycles. In my practice I have have 3 different lasers that do laser hair removal because they are each just a bit different. Sometimes we switch up the treatment modalities to see if different hairs will respond better to different lasers during a series. So in reality, this could be a good thing for you to do. If you want to proceed with the same laser type that's fine too. But it's not necessary. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."