Can you have sculptra under eyes, as well as fillers?

are u able to have sculptra under eyes then have a filler too????

Sculptra under the eyes?

I do not recommend Sulptra under the eyes, as nodules are more likely in that area.  Beletero and Restylane provide beautiful correction in this area that is very long-lasting.

Sculptra Placement Under The Eyes

Sculptra is usually not placed under the eyes due to risk of nodule formation in this location.  Typically, hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane are placed as they can be reversed if necessary.  The best application of Sculptra is along the midface, cheek, and temple area.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra does not belong under the eyes

Sculptra is a fabulous product but it is not supposed to be injected under the eyes.  The eyes can be treated with Restylane or Belotero.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in cosmetic facial injections for the best results.

Sculptra under the eyes?

I would not recommend Sculptra in the under eye area. There is a high risk of visibility and possible nodule formation. There are much safer options available for this area, such as Restylane or Belotero, which provide significant improvement without the risks of Sculptra.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra under the eyes.

The eyelids are a sandwich of many thin layers which does NOT do well with direct Sculptra or filler injections due to the ballooning effects, swelling, bruising and potential formation of nodules.

Having said that, much can be done to camouflage bags, hollowing, lines and wrinkles from the cheek directly under the lower eyelid!

Sculptra as you will see at on the below reference galleries performs its remarkable collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycan firming response when injected in the subdermal and deeper aspects of the upper cheek. Combine this with ClearLift laser or a TCA (controlled depth peel) and you will see impressive minimally invasive improvements. Sculptra works as well along the crow's feet and lip lines and temple hollows too. 

You can always layer other fillers in order to add volume to the cheek at various depths and with various techniques to achieve a better balance to the lid-cheek as well as the overall facial harmony. 

Please explore the skill and techniques of the injector you choose! 

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Under Eye Treatment

Sculptra is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, it is specifically designed to stimulate natural collagen growth over an extended period of time with multiple sessions.

Sculptra is not appropriate to use under the eye, the area under the eye is very thin and does not get injected as deeply. I prefer to inject diluted Restylane in the under eye hollows.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for you.

For more information on Sculptra click link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is great for volume, but not under the eyes

Sculptra is a fabulous product that stimulates your soft tissue to make collagen, achieving a very natural result. It can be placed in most areas of the face, except under the eyes and around the mouth. Those locations are best treated with fillers. I routinely use Sculptra in the areas of the face where it is ideal and use fillers under the eyes and in the peri-oral areas. One place that I will use both Sculptra and a filler is the temple area. The temples are a very overlooked area for rejuvenation, and treating the temples can peel back the years!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is Ideal for the Temples, Cheeks and Chin. Not for lower eyelids and Tear Troughs

The lower eyelid lines are commonly caused by skin aging and mid face descent which accentuates a natural groove in this region called the tear trough. This area is the transition between the lower eyelid and the cheek. As the face ages, the cheek fat descends and this hollow area is revealed. It can be corrected with volumetric fillers for mild to moderate aging and a midface lift or cheek lift for moderate to severe lines. 
I would recommend a hyaluronic acid based filler for this region, and a combination of Juvederm, and Voluma or Perlane would be great. They are smooth and reliable, and they can be dissolved if needed. Sculptra is a biostimulator and activates collagen deposition in the areas of injection. Sculptra is great for the temples, cheeks and chin, but may lead to nodularity and unreliable volume in the lower eyelid.
I hope this helps!

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Sculptra under the eyes and/or other fillers?

The hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero) are preferred for their softness and naturalness and also the ability to dissolve and correct a problem in this thin and more technical area to fill. However, that being said, I do use small amounts of Sculptra just below the thin tissue of the tear trough and infraorbital rim to get more volume which helps in the properly selected patient. It needs to be minimal and done in several sessions to avoid problems. I use Juvederm Ultra with a Belotero overlay to best correct the thin eyelid-cheek areas of the tear trough and infraorbital rim region.

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

Can Sculptra be used under the eyes as well as other fillers?

I do not use Sculptra under the eyes because the skin is very thin there and visible bumps can occur.  The only filler I recommend using under the eyes is any of the hyaluronic acid fillers, but my preference is Restylane in that area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon