Is Thermi a good alternative to breast lift/ augmentation?

I had a breast reduction 11 years ago. I have gained and lost some weight leaving me with a bit of sag, and loss of volume, as well as stretch marks. I am currently undergoing fraxel repair and restore on my scars. I want to address the volume loss. Aside from the fact that my surgeon went too small, my breasts have changed. (Minor bottoming out, and loss of firmness/ volume). I am very turned off by the idea of implants. Thank you!

ThermiTight is not an adequate treatment for breast reduction

Although there has been discussion about using ThermiTight to help lift breasts but in no way can it be expected to be a substitute for a surgical breast lift. It is not considered an appropriate treatment for breast reshaping although in some circumstances a physician can elect to perform Thermi if skin tightening can help improve contour in different body sites, and this can only be judged on a case by case basis.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight gives minimal effect for breast area

Dr. Edward Dickerson discusses lack of effect for lifting with ThermiTight for breast augmentation alternative.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermi for breast lift?

No - this is not recommended currently.
If your skin has loosened up, you might benefit from a surgical revision of your breast reduction, where some of the loose skin is removed, using the incisions you already have.

Too small?

Thanks for the question, it happens from time to time that patients who have had reductions would like more volume unfortunately your only options are implants or fat transfer (using the fat from lipo to inject)

I don't believe so. I do Thermi treatments - I use it mostly for early facial changes -- slight droopy neck and early jowls. Although it is promoted to tighten skin, I really doubt that after seeing you I would recommend it. Usually it is simple to correct the bottoming out, and if more volume is needed, one can use a small implant. Some might suggest fat grafting, but even that is still not as good as an implant and often needs to be repeated multiple times to get enough volume.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD