Would I be a better candidate for Smart Lipo or tummy tuck? (Photo)

I would like to know if smartlipo would give me a flat stomach without hanging skin. I am a 44 y.o. Male 5'10" 200 lbs

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question. Smart Lipo can address your excess fit through skin tightening. SculpSure is a phenomenal procedure as well because it can vanquish up to 25% of your unwanted and stubborn subcutaneous fat. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

It's difficult without seeing you in person if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, a tummy tuck would be a better option. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Currently you are not a candidate for either liposuction or a tummy tuck. You have internal (visceral) fat that can only be managed with general weight loss to within 10 lbs of your ideal body weight or a BMI of less than 30 ( whichever is less in value). After weight reduction you may be evaluated for an elective procedure if needed.  

I don't think either will help you

many men have most of their fat behind the abdominal muscles (if you pinch the abdominal skin there will be little fat there) which means that it cannot be removed by liposuction. I think you are carrying too much weight and that even with a TT where we tighten the muscles, there is a limit to how tight we can tighten them.
i would suggest that you lose 20 lbs and then get re-evaluated in person. You do appear to have goodskin tone which means if you lose the weight, you may not need anything done. Or maybe just Smartlipo on your love handles. 

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo or Tummy tuck?

I would strongly recommend you have an in person evaluation to be given a true recommendation.  With the photos you submitted, you would definitely benefit from liposuction, however I am not sure if you have a component of diastasis recti (separation of the muscles) which causes the appearance of a sticking out belly. That issue is typically corrected with a tummy tuck.   

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon