Is there any way to stop onion smelling armpit smell? It's very strong and nothing helps. I've already tried botox and miradry

Hi. Ive developed this horrible armpit odor. It smells like raw onions and it happens everyday to me around 4 hours after i shower. I've tried almost all antibacterial soaps, ointments, creams. All they do is burn my skin very bad the smell is still there. Once the smell happens i cannot wash it off. Ive also wasted my money on miradry and botox. Please help its ruining my career

Raw unions

Different bacteria produce different odors.  Perhaps you should get a bacterial culture and find out if there is some unusual bacteria causing this particular odor.  If it is there are other treatments that might help.  MiraDry helps get rid of the odor glands under your arms.  The bacteria feeds on the product of these glands.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry for Odor Concerns

Hi and thank you for your question!

Not sure how many miraDry treatments you had, however, as stated below, it seems sometimes 2-3 treatments are needed for odor concerns. I would recommend you contact the office/doctor where you had the procedure. Find out if you had a level 5 treatment. That's the highest level and is probably needed to resolve the odor issues. If you didn't finish 2-3 treatments, you may want to consider completing the rest of the treatments, as miraDry will be your best non-surgical option for this concern. Botox only helps with the sweating and has no effect on the odor glands.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Look other options

MiraDry has worked well in our office for under arm odor but patients sometimes need to do three treatments. That being said, if the Botox and your MiraDry hasn't worked then what some patients find successful is looking very closely at the foods they eat and things they drink. Some patients have gone so far as to meet with medical doctors to see if they have food allergies and so on. Some patients find eliminating caffeine and other foods has helped.

Sorry things haven't worked for you, best of luck.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon