Rollar coasters after breast augmentation?

I just had a Breast augmentation on January 25 and was wondering when I can go on rollar coasters? Am I okay now to ride any ride ? Such as loops and fast coasters??

Roller coasters after breast augmentation?

You are safe to ride on amusement park rides by 6-8 weeks after your breast augmentation.  Since you are at 5 months post-op, you should enjoy yourself without worry.  Have fun.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Roller Coasters after Breast Augmentation

Absolutely! Go have fun.

Following a breast augmentation, a scar or capsule develops around the implant. This helps to hold the implant in position.  It takes approximately 6 weeks for this capsule to form and mature.  Any time after that you should be able to resume normal activity, or even more strenuous activity, limiting yourself only by your discomfort.  Of course you should try to avoid significant trauma to your chest wall - implants can still rupture from a penetrating injury, a forceful blow, a sports injury etc - but for the most part you should be able to do any activities you desire.

Post Op Activities

Thank you for your question. After 6 weeks post op I tell my patients that they are free to do any regular activities- including riding rollercoasters. If something feels uncomfortable, listen to your body.

All the best

Thank you for your question.  By 3 months after your breast augmentation healing should be complete and you should be able to return to a normal life.  This includes Carnival rides that you mention.  Of course when you have breast implants you want to protect  yourself from extreme trauma to the breast area.

Riding a roller coaster after breast implants

In my opinion, what I would tell my patients who had breast augmentation, is that by six weeks, the scar is of sufficient strength that whatever they had done prior to surgery can be done at this point in time. So go ahead have fun on the roller coaster. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Riding a roller coaster after breast augmentation

At six months after breast augmentation surgery, riding a roller coasting sounds good to me. At three months, I have patients who are skydiving, scuba diving, kickboxing, and body building for competitions. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Have fun.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Yes for rollercoasters

I realize rollercoasters have a warning for women with breast implants.  I really have no idea why.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Have a blast!

At this point in time, there is no reason whatsoever for you to avoid roller coasters, flying, scuba diving or any other physical activity based on your breast implants. Go and live your life! Have fun!

I hope this helps!

Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC 

Roller coasters and breast augmentation

Since you are about 5 months post surgery, you should be ok to do almost anything. Best to confer with you surgeon first.

Thank you for your question.  After 5 months you are okay to resume any activities, including roller coasters, without issue.  Have a great time.