What Are the Post Treatment Instructions After Botox?
Doctor Answers 41
Post treatment for Botox
Back to (Almost) Normal Activities
Post Treatment Advise after Botox
#Botoxaftercare #expectationsofBotox #BotoxAfterCare
You might also like...
Another thing that often is not mentioned is head apparel. Women should not wear a head band or anything else that might put pressure across the brow. Men should also not wear a hat as it can be compressing. Compression could cause migration of the botox downwards into the eyelids and lead to droopy eyelids.
Hope this helps!
Rules and Instructions after Botox (or Dysport) Treatment
- No massaging or manipulating the area directly and no facials or lying face down on a massage table for at least one week.
- No lying down flat for four hours.
- No exercise at all the same day after treatment.
- No aggressive exercise for 24 hours.
- Ideally no flying on a plane within 24 hours.
- Call immediately if you are worried about anything. Don't hesitate.
Post Botox Instructions
Botox is one of the leading cosmetic treatments done around the world. Common cosmetic usages include wrinkle reduction and Hyperhidrosis. Typically, most patients can return their normal activity shorty after treatment. As a precaution it is recommended that patients stay upright for 4 hours, and additionally no exercising for 24 hours post treatment. Always discuss common side effects prior to your treatment with a Board Certified Dermatologist.
One of the key benefits of toxin is that there is little downtime and essentially no recovery. It does take some time for the onset to take but other than that I only ask patients to take one day off of exercise and any blood thinners.
You can apply ice and warm compress if there are any small bruises but essentially relax and enjoy!
Hope this helps.
Best of luck,
What Are the Post Treatment Instructions ?
You can return to normal activites immediately following treatment. However I recommend my patients to stay upright for 4 hours, no strenuous exercise and to avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area.
My Aftercare for Injectable Treatments
My aftercare recommendations for a Botox or filler treatment:
- Avoid strenuous physical activity (e.g., cardio workout) until the next day. Excess muscle movement and blood flow may contribute to swelling and excessive dispersion of product.
- Avoid massaging the treated area (unless instructed to do so by your provider.
- Avoid sun and/or cold outdoor activities until redness/swelling disappears. Inflamed skin is more sensitive and prone to pigment changes.
- Ice can be applied for 2-3 days after the procedure. Avoid direct contact of the ice with skin, as this can result in cold-related skin damage.
- Sleep with head elevated for one night. Two pillows are usually enough, and a good rule of thumb is to keep the head higher than the heart.
- Use Tylenol to alleviate minor pain. Avoid aspirin-containing products or anti-inflammatory medications (Motrin, Aleve, etc.) for 2-3 days after the procedure, as these may increase the risk of bleeding/bruising.
- Resume skin care products, such as retinoids and glycolic acids, the next day.
- Remember, it will take a little time for your results to reach their full potential.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.