Is Botox Ever Permanent?

I have a tendency to squint or have my eyes closed while pictures are being taken and a pretty gummy smile. In October, I had Botox injections around my eyes and right between my nose and upper lip. Long story short I like the way the eyes turned out but I can't smile now unless I completely force it. I'm worried that I won't be able to smile again because I've read here that Botox should wear off within 4 mos, this is my 3rd month. Are the effects of Botox ever permanent?

BOTOX PHOTOS: Botox is not permanent

I have never seen the effects of botox to be permanent. Anything is possible but this is highly unlikely and in most instances, its effects should be competely dissipated by 6 months.

Permanent Botox

Very unlikely.  We tend to see longer duration with full dosage and one needs to get Botox 2-3 times per year where as Dysport seem to last longer in our practice. About twice per year. 

Is Botox Permanent?

Botox provides only temporary results.  Rest assured that the results of Botox are NOT permanent.  The typical duration is 3-4 months.  Any side effect from Botox will be temporary and will resolve.  That's one of the reasons why Botox is such a SAFE treatment.  For most cosmetic patients, Botox should be the cornerstone of an effective and safe anti-aging treatment plan.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox effect lasts three months

Botox effect lasts three months.  Although BOTOX itself is out of your body in a few hours, it takes about three months for the nerve endings to rebuild their ability to stimulate muscles.  Thus the effect of BOTOX is never permanent

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Permanent Botox?

Botox does not achieve permanent results. In a month or two, your pre-treatment smile will return so you don't have to worry!

Is Botox Permanent

No. No. No. When used in the face, results typically last 3-4 months and occasionally longer. I have not seen any published studies showing long-term results.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox always wears off

Botox always wears off.  Different patients have different durations, but typically it wears off between 3 and 6 months.  Be patient for a while longer. 

Permanent Botox?

Thank you for the question. You do not have anything to worry about because the effects of Botox are never permanent.

The effects of Botox are never permanent

The effects of Botox routinely last 3-4 months.  Occasionally, the effects can last shorter or longer depending on each individuals metabolism of the product.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Botox effect is temporary

Botox is by its nature not permanent. It will wear off but lasts longer In some patients than in others depending on your muscle tone, number of times you have undergone treatment and the amount injected.