I had botox 14 weeks ago. Will the dents in my forehead smooth over or do I need filler? (Photo)

This seems to have got worse all of a sudden. I also have a smaller dent by my eyebrow and wrinkles where I didn't have wrinkles before. Is this because the botox was placed incorrectly as I have had it before but never had these dents before. Will they go on their own or require some dermal filler to smooth them out??

Botox causing indentations?

It is extremely unlikely that the Botox caused the indentations because:  It's never happened to the patient before. It apparently did not happen at every injection site. It didn't happen until more than 3 months after the treatment.

I suspect that it may require treatment of the dents with filler and perhaps subcision or laser.

Wrinkles after Botox

It is difficult for me to comment on the "dent" in your forehead since I didn't see the area before the Botox. It appears like a small scar which may have become more noticeable after Botox. As for the wrinkles on the lateral forehead above your brow, they can be softened with a small amount of Botox in the lateral forehead. This effect occurs when the central forehead is treated with Botox but the lateral area is not, so the contraction of the lateral forehead muscle is more pronounced. I recommend following up with your injector to address your concerns. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Dents after Botox

Depressions are unlikely to be caused by Botox. However, pre-existing wrinkles and irregularities in the skin can become more obvious after smoothing the surrounding skin with Botox. To correct depressions and persistent wrinkles in the forehead, judicious placement of fillers can help smooth out the final results. I would not expect more dimples to appear after repeated Botox injections. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Dents from injections

There are times that when you place Botox and have previous scars or dents, when the skin is "wrinkle-free" from Botox the dents are more noticeable.  The wrinkles above the eyebrow seem from the photo like "dents" because you cannot place Botox too low to the eyebrow without causing it to droop.