Is it safe to remove a mole near my anus?

Its very small but raised a little. It is literally 1" away from my butt hole (haha) I want it removed but don't know if its safe considering where it is located for the proper recovery and sanitation?

Mole biopsy

Thank you for your question.  It is safe to remove a mole near the anus.  There is a higher risk of infection in that area.  You can help to prevent an infection by keeping the area clean with gentle soap and water.  Also, a topical antibiotic or vasaline could help to provide a barrier to infection. If you noticed swelling and pain in the area after the procedure you should call your physician to see if oral antibiotics would be needed.  However, I would expect for you to recover well.

San Diego Dermatologist

Should be fine

Liz,It should be easy enough to remove that and while there may be a somewhat increased chance of infection of the area, if you keep some antibiotic ointment on it and use good hygiene it should heal just fine.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon