What do I need to pack for surgery in the Dominican Republic?

Hey, I am going to the Dominican Republic for surgery with King Cabral and I am getting a Tummy tuck, Lipo and Brazilian ButtLift and I was wondering what to pack? If anyone has gone can you please tell me what you brought or what I would need? Thanks :)

Packing

Packing,really ?This is major surgery with major risks not a vacation .Please give more thought about all the safety factors involved and less about the luggage .Hope you have done a comprehensive review of the physicians and facilities caring for you.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery tourism

While it is not recommended for you to undergo this procedure in the Dominican Republic especially with the recent CDC warning, I would recommend obtaining a comprehensive travel insurance which includes complications arising from cosmetic surgery and possibly airlifted back to the United States.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

1. What do you do if there is a medical problem during surgery while in the Dominican?
  2. Waht do you do if there is a complication after you get home?
  3. What is the safety record for the facility where you are going to have your surgery?
  4. What are the saftey practices of the preparation of the instruments being used?
  5. What are the credentials of the anesthesia person doing your anesthesia?
  6. What are the credentials of the operating room facility?
  7. What are the credentials of the surgeon?

There are a lot of things to consider and think about rather than worry about a wardrobe to pack. Should you be going at all?

Good luck

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

If you have NOT read on REALSELF the high risks you are taking than we can not help you. Things to take vs get your things in order if you end up with significant injuries... 

What to pack going to the Dominican republic cosmetic surgery

Medical tourism is a growing problem.   Your surgeon is going to be thousand miles away what happens if you develop a complication.