Gained all weight back after a gastric sleeve. What other surgery do I need to do to take off that weight?

what other surgery do i need to do to take off that weighthello, i am male i had the gastric sleeve about 18 month ago when i was 28 years and 6 2' i was 345 pound then after about month my weight went down to 275 then gradually my weight was going up tell now i am 325 again what should i do to get this weight off?please help

Failure after sleeve gastrectomy

Sorry to hear that the sleeve isn't working for you.  There are two possibilities here.  One as Dr. Simpson alluded to, is that it is "your fault" and you haven't changed your eating habits.  Another possibility is that the sleeve wasn't made narrow enough, thereby allowing you to eat too much food.

The way to find out which one it is would be to have either an upper GI x-ray or an endoscopy to assess what your stomach looks like.  If it is too big, a re-sleeve might be indicated.  (Not your fault).  If the sleeve looks good, then there are two options; (your fault) one would be to change your lifestyle and eating habits; the other would be to add malabsorption in the form of a duodenal switch.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Change how you eat

What you didn't do was change how you eat. It isn't the surgery that takes off the weight- surgery is a tool. If you don't change what you eat and how you eat then you will regain the weight. That is simple. So before you go through another operation - begin some real and serious changes to what you eat, how you eat, and how much you eat. 

You should have an evaluation of how much sleeve you have left - or if you stretched it out. The real work of weight loss surgery is changing what you eat - if you don't you will always regain the weight. 

Terry Simpson, MD, FACS
Scottsdale Bariatric Surgeon